Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Why I think I would be a good social worker

There are many people out there who are quick tempered and easy to get mad. I never thought that I would have the skills to be a type of councelor. Many of my friends have pointed out to me that I have good listening skills and that I am never quick to get mad and judgemental. I feel that these are two of the most important skills that make a person a good social worker. I used to not feel confident about this major when I first started taking classes for social work. However, now I realize that I possess that major skills that is required to be succesful in this field. I only have one more year left of college which includes my internship. I feel that I have I have soo much more to learn and am really scared that it wont be learned inone semester of school. I do understand that the other skills are learn as you go. The other day I felt unsure of myself but after a good talk with a friend, I realized that I let things intimidate me too much. If I could just focuson what I have and not try to be like anyone else. I would be able to see the good in myself and what skills I really have. I focused all my attention on how others would handle a particular problem in social work. I try to be like them. If I could be myself and be confident that I can handel a patient or social work problem in practice, then I feel that I would be a great social worker in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment