Wednesday, April 22, 2009

People and Attachment

People come and go. This is what they say. It is hard getting attached to people you really care about rather its boyfriends, friends, family, random strangers. I am currenty having to deal with the stress of knowing that my boyfriend of two yearas is leaving for good to go back tohis country because he w ill be done with school. Its really stressfull and I am reallly starting t o feel detached. I am scared to get close to people because when I do, they leave. My best friend since kindergarden is thinking about moving to tennesse in a few monthes. So I feel like I am going to have a double shot of people I am close to leaving. This is an issue that I know I am going to most likley face as a social worker. I understand there is a fine line that you must not cross as being someone's friend and someone's client. However, sometimes you can not help but to get attached to someone and I am scared of getting attached to a client. I love people. But I feel like these expereiences with my boyfriend and best friend will help me detach myself a little less from people. This can be bad because I am scared that I will not be able to get closes to any one again. This is going to be an issue that I am going to have to work at. It is really stressing me out and making me angry. I just hope I can learn to balance myself and learn who to attach myself to and who not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment