Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Homelessnes

Today in my social work research class there was a presentation done about homeless men and thier alcohol addictions. It made me think about how common this is in Charlotte. and all the surrounding areas. I also rethought about my perception of homeless people. The movie with Will Smith comes to mind entitiled "the Pursuit of Happiness". Where he was in decent living and lost everything he had and became homeless with his little boy. I reconsidered and learned that not every homeless person is a slob, bum, and lazy. I realized you can lose what you have in an instant. You can get fired from a job especially in this econonmy, get behind on payments, to where eventually everything you have is gone. This is a harsh reality. Thanks to this presentation I became enlightend on the issue of homelessness and have reevalutead my opinion of homeless people in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment